Requirements for open burning are regulated by State Law or local ordinances.
- Have water available at all times
- Burn only in calm weather (winds < 10mph)
- Do not burn on roads or bike paths
- Do not leave the fire unattended at any time
- Burn in small piles
- Completely extinguish your fire by 9pm.
You are NOT allowed to burn the following items (even in a burning barrel):
- Household waste (trash, garbage, plastic, paper, cardboard, etc.)
- Construction materials (2x4s, plywood, boards, carpet, plastic, roofing materials, etc.)
- Any type of structure or building for the purpose of demolition
- Commercial or industrial waste products
- Any other material that would cause a public nuisance
A permit will be emailed to the email address you provide once it is approved. Please keep a paper copy of this permit or the emailed permit on your mobile device at the burn site.
To receive a permit, please fill out the form below.