Burn Permit Request Form: The State of Michigan has banned all burn permits at this time.
Open Burning: Requirements for open burning are regulated by State Law or local ordinances.>
- Have water available at all times
- Burn only in calm weather (winds < 10mph)
- Do not burn on roads or bike paths
- Do not leave the fire unattended at any time
- Burn in small piles
- Completely extinguish your fire by 9pm.
You are NOT allowed to burn (even in a burning barrel):
- Household waste (trash, garbage, plastic, paper, cardboard, etc.)
- Construction materials (2x4s, plywood, boards, carpet, plastic, roofing materials, etc.)
- Any type of structure or building for the purpose of demolition
- Commercial or industrial waste products
- Any other material that would cause a public nuisance
To receive a permit, please provide the following information:
Burn Permit Request Form
By clicking the Submit Form button you agree to abide by all the rules that govern burning permits in Gun Plain Charter Township. Your Permit may be denied if the rules are not followed, or the Permit may be rescinded at any time by the Fire Chief or a Designee thereof due to State, regional or local burning restrictions. If the Fire Department, or a Designee thereof, deems that your fire is a nuisance or you are not following the rules, you will be required to extinguish your fire, regardless of the issuance of a permit. In some cases the Fire Department may extinguish the fire for you.
PLEASE KEEP A PAPER COPY OF THIS PERMIT OR THE EMAIL PERMIT ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE AT THE BURN SITE.
A permit will be emailed to the above email address once approved. Please print and keep on site. Thank you!